[fb_embed_post href=”http://www.facebook.com/terri.e.stowers/posts/10207912055949103″ width=”550″/]
This 8 year old girl was feeding some horses along the side of the road and she had her hands “flat” like she had been told. Despite this effort to stay “safe” the horse bit her thumb and she had to spend time in the ER. There is such a misconception about feeding treats to horses. Non horse people think that as long as they hold their hands flat that every horse will appreciate the little specks of grass they are feeding so much, that they should be eternally grateful. Horses are not awful beasts just looking for a finger to snatch up, but the reality is that many horses do bite…sometimes not on purpose!
A finger feels like a carrot too and even though people try to feed horses “properly”, unless you are a horse person or with a horse person who’s teaching you…you shouldn’t be feeding horses period! Even horse people should not feed horses they don’t know, it’s disrespectful and that horse could bite, be allergic to whatever you’re feeding, have blood sugar issues…the list goes on and on. I feel bad for this little girl, but there is a lesson to be learned here….Don’t feed horses you don’t know!
Please Share this on Facebook so people see what can happen when non horse people feed horses they don’t know.