This video of a dad watching his son compete in the Children’s Adult Jumpers during the Brandywine Valley Summer Series is priceless! I definitely know the feeling of “riding along” with the one in the show ring! If you like this video, Share it with your friends on Facebook!
This is pretty awesome! A racehorse dreaming of racing! If you like this, Share it with your friends on Facebook!
3 year old Nina and her horse Smokin Stevie are as adorable as it gets! If you like this video, Share it with your friends on Facebook and brighten their day!
We’re not saying there’s anything wrong with your barn at home, it probably does what most barns do. Provides shelter to your horses, storage for your equipment and keeps your hay dry. What more could you ask for? Well, what if you won the Jackpot of all barns! This barn is so outrageous it even has its own catering kitchen! Catering Kitchen in a BARN!! Here are some other features:
Barn Specifications for largest Horse Barn in the U.S.:
· Square footage under the roof of entire building: 78,000 sqft – that’s right SEVENTY EIGHT THOUSAND!
· Square footage of horse barn area: 62,267 sqft – I think that’s bigger than my entire neighborhood!
· 130 stalls
· 10 tack rooms
· Custom Aquatrainer Equestrian aquatic rehab treadmill and cold soak therapy area
· Equine Veterinarian Area
· Two commercial grade laundry rooms
· Two Feed Storage Rooms
· Four Interior Wash/Tack Stalls
· Eight exterior wash stalls (6 to 8 horse capacity in each)
· 4,800 sqft Central Courtyard with Banyan trees
· Eastern White Pine Timber Frame Trusses, Hand-Hewn by Adze
· South Wing
Private Owner’s Suite
Guest and entertaining Areas
Argentine Asado Grilling Area
Three Sided Fireplace
· North Wing
Three bedroom “Pro’s” Living Quarters
1,300 sqft gym with physical therapy room
All that for only 130 Horses! I want to live in that barn! If you’d like to live in this barn as well, Share this on Facebook!
The American Paint Horse Association has done a video on how to ace Ranch Horse Pleasure! Here are 4 additional tips:
- Read and understand all rules governing the class. A digital, mobile-friendly version of the 2015 Official APHA Rule Book is available, with ranch horse pleasure rules beginning on page 266.
- Ranch horse pleasure is an individually performed pattern class, and judges may choose from four official patterns or create their own that includes a combination of required maneuvers. Unlike other pattern classes, few markers are used in ranch horse pleasure, requiring riders to form a plan.
“You have to memorize your pattern and place it in the space you’re given,” “You’ve got to pick out your own points in the arena for your turns and transitions.”
- Transitions are frequent in patterns; horses should be able to change gait and extend or collect willingly and easily. Smooth transitions—with little set-up, light cues and a soft response—show a high degree of difficulty and are credit-earning situations.
- When evaluating movement, Heather recommends considering the purpose horses used on ranches to work all day; movement should be smooth, yet efficient.
If you found this helpful, Share it with your friends on Facebook!
Live and Free webcast all week! Check it out and learn to love the tradition of great cow horses!!!
It has been a year since Marilyn Bowling was diagnosed with cervical cancer and three years since Pete was diagnosed with vertigo. Two major operations and over 75 doctor visits, hospital visits and tests later, they are still dealing with more doctor visits and more testing to be done. Even with insurance, the medical bills are overwhelming. They have spent well over $100,000 and that does not include the days of missed work or the costs to get to the appointments. Marilyn has now been diagnosed with lymphedema and is waiting for another PET scan. She is facing another $25,000 for more tests, perhaps more surgery, and physical therapy.
They have sold their ranch, horses, saddles, bridles, silver bits, equipment, pipe panels, personal belongings, and discounted breeding fees and moved from California to Texas.
Many people are struggling with cancer and other issues and they feel fortunate that their struggles are not worse. Right now they could use some help to rebuild their health, their business, and their lives.
Here are the three ways you can help:
1) Donate To Her GoFundMe Page http://www.gofundme.com/marilynbowling
2) Book your mare to be bred to one of Marilyn’s World Class Stallions at www.oasisranchinc.com
3) Purchase a Horse From Marilyn! She has world class cutting, cow horse and reining prospects as well as some great barrel and all around prospects!
Please Share this on Facebook to help support Marilyn!
From spinning and sliding backwards to his horse spinning without a rider, Australian Dan James impressed the crowds and judges in Kentucky with this freestyle reining performance. Share this on Facebook if you think Dan and his horse Smart Little Elan are talented